Recycling gives spent lead batteries new life.
Over 85% of the lead produced in North America is from recycled sources.
Lead recycled from spent batteries goes into:
- Starter automotive, truck, motorcycle and marine batteries
- Data storage center backup batteries
- Hospital backup batteries
- Telecommunication batteries including cellular towers
- Renewable energy storage from solar and wind power
- Golf cart batteries
- Forklift truck batteries
- X-ray and medical radiation protection
Recycled plastic from spent batteries is used in:
- New lead battery cases
- New paint cans
- New injection molded automotive plastic parts